Monday, May 7, 2012

Transfers!

Hello!!!
So I have been transferred..
It was SO hard to leave Federal Way- but I know the Lord knows what he's doing and has bigger and better plans for me :) I now live in snoqualmie falls! my new companion is Sister Feller- she is from Bountiful and has FLAMING red hair!!! hahaha she looks like the female version of Shaun White! She is so nice! and oh my- SO tall! she is 5'11... she actually looks a lot like how Emma looked when she was younger (curly bright red hair and fair skin with freckles) It has only been like an hour since I met her, but we get along so far!  I am Senior companion- YIKES! That means I have to drive... eek!
I am excited for the change- it was SO hard to leave Federal Way.

ok- so back in Federal Way we had TWO miracles last week!!!
So michael Parrett was baptized on April 28!!! (I'll send pics next week) it was crazy though cuz he almost wasn't able to be baptized. The font had a leak in the drain and the water wouldn't stay in there! But it went SO awesome.. The Lord truly worked a miracle- he was baptized in about 2 feet of water. it took 3x but it finally happened!!! It was awesome- the power of the spirit was so strong. It was a super emotional baptism to see because I have grown to love that family so much. Seeing Michael who SWORE that he would NEVER get baptized- seeing him in the font and in white was just the most amazing thing ever.

THEN- thursday night we went over to a lady named Johnna's house. She is so cute, married to a Tongan who is an inactive member. They have 2 cute kids. anywho, she was basically BORN to be Mormon. She doesn't do anything bad except she used to drink coffee. She wouldnt' get baptized becuase she wanted to know the church more before she took that step. However- she has a testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and The Book of Mormon..... so she is ready for baptism!!!!!! She was just hesitant... Our District Leader (Elder Riddle) was CONFIDENT that we could get Johnna baptized on Saturday- Banks and I were shocked because we had never actually been able to have a lesson with Johnna- we had just met with her several times on the doorstep. So the fact that he wanted her baptized on Saturday seemed crazy! It was Tuesday when he told us that, so we were in a time crunch! We prayed and prayed and tried to meet with her, we weren't able to meet with her until Thursday evening. so Banks and I went over there and just before we knocked on the door, Banks turned to me and said "clems, you HAVE TO be bold- let's get her baptized on Saturday" and I was like "oh crap... I hate being bold. haha" we went in there and told Johnna that she needed to follow christs example, and be baptized. We told her that it would bless her life and her families life, and that it was something she NEEDED to do. I then said "Johnna- will you get baptized on Saturday" She looked at me, with tears in her eyes, and said "YES!" Banks and I both started crying. It truly was a miracle. She was baptized 2 days later :)

man oh man, it was a GREAT way to leave Federal Way. It has been awesome- we had 4 baptisms in 3 months! woot woot!

anywho- saying goodbye to the Parrett family was really hard. They were so cute and actually bought me a black diamond ring- I will send pics next week haha but it's so beautiful! They bought it and said "you better think of us every time you put it on!" It's a cute small black and white band. It goes SO AWESOME with the one that Mum and Dad gave me for christmas!

I can't believe I turn 23 next wednesday! Holy crap I am so old! where did the time go?! I swear it was just yesterday that I was sitting in front of the TV with my top raumen in my leopard leotard up in Juneau, watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and getting beat up by the boys!
I don't know what I want for my b-day haha gift card to Deseret Books are always nice! There is an awesome book called "Jesus the christ" (I"m sure you know what that is..) but you can buy it in "scripture form" It's like written on scripture paper- it's cool!
 
I love you all so much! my address is still just the same- I don't know my new one that goes directly to our apartment, but it's just easier to have it all sent to the mission home.

11675 NE 20th street
Bellevue WA 98004 (I am pretty sure that is the address....haha I kinda forget it)
Love you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
-ames

No comments:

Post a Comment