Monday, May 7, 2012

Sometimes I fall down hills.

Heyo!
I never know how to start these things, so here goes...

Monday- We went and sat with Tiffany (she was baptized on feb 23) while her soon to be ex-husband came and gathered all of his stuff out of their apartment. He brought 2 cops with him (he's weird) anywho- Banks and Tiff and I became friends with the cop and kept making him laugh because we were sharing stories about being missionaries back and forth. (the cop was LDS) Tiffs ex wasn't too happy that we were friends with the cop and so he decided to start saying mean things to Tiff... well that wasn't the best idea considering it was in front of our new friend, the cop.
So her ex got taken away in cuffs.... awesome.
Later that night we went and stopped by the Kenyans (I think I told you about them) ... they are 3 dudes from Kenya. They are investigating the church.. but they won't come to church, it's kinda frustrating! but they made some BOMB kenyan food!!!! It was SO good! it was like a steak and pepers and spices stuff over jasmine rice... oh my heavens.... it-was-yum.
oh and that whole day I dropped the phone like 10x Banks thinks it's funny.

Tuesday- we had zone conferrence with another zone.. and GUESS who is on a mission up here?! Isaac Greenwood!!! it was so crazy cuz I saw him and he's all "um... I think you babysat me once"....... SO awkward.
i'm old.
a kid i babysat is in my mission... hahahaha
anywho- we have a pic together, I'll send it out in a sec.
At zone conference, President Larkin was asking everyone what our favorite ways to contact someone were. Banks raised her hand and said that my favorite way was to chase them down the street.
which is true.
Everyone laughed and President made me stand up- he put his arm on my shoulder and said "that, elders and sisters, is what we should all do- If we really truly are excited about the Gospel, we should be chasing people down the street" Everyone got silent. I felt super super awkward. But President went on to say that we should be shouting to people about the gospel. The gospel is so important, and blesses so many peoples lives- why would we not want everyone to hear it?
We learned a lot at zone conference, we got lectured about how to keep our cars clean... Banks and I had to stand up and tell everyone to NOT leave their bags in their car... hahaha. so humiliating.
Later that night we went and visited the Parretts (michael is getting baptized on the 28th of this month) he is excited!

Wednesday- Banks and I met a cool samoan lady who talked to us for about 2 hours. (about the gospel of course) Then we went and visited a less active family. The moms name is Tina and the daughter is Kristine. kristine just got married to a man in the army- she was so happy and so cute! They hope to get sealed in a year. Tina is so sweet and so loving to everyone, she just has a hard time coming to church because she works long hours and the only day she has off is Sunday.
Then we went and visited Tabby (she was baptized on feb 18) we went to mainly see her brother Brandon. He has a few learning disabilities- but their family calls him "stupid and dumb" it breaks my heart- brandon isn't dumb, but he gets hurt and frustrated when his family calls him names. He is actually really smart, he just has speech impediments and has a harder time learning. I am still doing the "word a day" with him- where I will bring a word on a flash card and he will have to memorize it and the definition. he so far has learned "peculiar, abstemious, legible, proatic, and tangible".

Thursday- we fasted for Elder Baxter (he is in the 70) he was going to come to our mission, but I guess his cancer came back and so he isn't able to. so we held a mission fast from thursday at 1 to friday at 1.
Then we went and taught the Cahans foreign exchange student, Steve. He taught me chinese and said that i had great tones.. haha he said that I was born to be asian.. but that my eyes were too big. we laughed.

Friday- we went and saw Eldeen (she is a 75yr old woman in the ward) she is crazy... seriously crazy. We went over there when she was getting ready, her aid was helping her and Eldeen kept yelling at her aid. haha Eldeen is kinda mean. anywho- then Eldeen came out in her garments cuz she wanted Banks and I to see how bony she was...
..unfortunately that is an image that will never get out of my head. Where is the brain bleach when you need it?
Then we went and ate at L&L.. remember that BBQ place cory loves? ya... banks loves it to... gross.
Then for dinner, tiffany had us over for pizza and brownies- she went to a Gluten Free Place in Kent Washington- and picked up pizza and brownines! she is so sweet!

Saturday- we went to see Brandon again. he and I played basketball while he memorized the 10 commandments. He memorized all of them!!!! It's crazy- but when you get him away from his family, he is so smart!
Then we went to the Parretts.. shannon (the mom) was rolling her own cigaretts again.. she spit tobacco in my hand... hahaha yeah..
Then we went to a ward party- Ward parties are great, except as a missionary, you have to go around and say hi to everyone or else someone will get offended.
I got cake shoved in my face. it was great.
it was by a lady in the ward. haha
Later that Night, Banks and I immitated all the people we knew. She thinks its funny that I will mock people and so she makes me do it all the time.
Sunday- was wonderful- we had dinner with the Kay family, they made smoked chicken! YUM!!!! everyone should own a smoker.
 
So that was my week....way exciting huh? haha Banks was sick with allergies and so we didn't go out a lot.
Hopefully this week will be more exciting!
oh and I got transfers mixed up... haha so transfers are NEXT WEEK- not this week.
and I turn 23 in like 2 weeks.... eek. i'm old.

love you!!!!!
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment