Monday, May 7, 2012

Kissin snails and watching Conference

Heyo!
Here is a summary of my week:

Monday- it was P-day (therfore awesomeness occured) like naps, food shopping (which sucks now cuz i have to be Gluten Free) and emailing (yahoo!)

Tuesday- I went to the doctor and found out my kidneys are still bleeding, just not as bad now (haha) the bacteria is starting to clear up. apparently whatever was in that mice poop was really strong because the hospitals strongest antibiotics are taking a long time to kill it! I was able to go to the hospital and get 2 IV's and have them try and kill it quicker. Then later that night we got a call from the spanish sisters saying that their car was towed and they needed a ride. Well we went to the tow place (in the ghetto) and the hermanas (spanish sisters) were too chicken to ask if they could not have to pay the fine- so I (using the gospel, of course) charmed my way out of the 300$ fine..... ok I may or may not have flirted a little with a 400lb bald man.
sometimes ya just have to, ok?

Wednesday- Sister Banks went to a training meeting, so I went on exchanges with a girl named Sister Morgan. she is really sweet, super quiet, but really sweet. She is from texas so she said "yall" like 2196851321 times.

Thursday- I woke up early in the morning and was COVERED in a cold sweat. it was gross, I had a temp of 103 and I started seeing spots... haha it was great. so we stayed in and watched church movies all day- then at about 6pm we decided to go downstairs to make juice- and we found a ton of MICE POOP in our cupboard! ahhhhh!!! so we then went looking around the house and found like 15 mouse traps. we decided to be big girls and set the traps ourselves and put peanut butter on them- HOLY SMOKES it is hard to set a mouse trap!!!!! my fingernails are blue because they got smashed so many times! Later that night (at like 1020) we heard a creepy noise, we went down and a mouse had been caught! I will send the video next week- it was so funny!

Firday- woke up to another dead mouse in the trap! success!!!! but SO gross. then banks had training again, so i went on exchanges up to the University of Washington (they call it Udub) it was AWESOME! it is known for "red square" which is like this red square.. obviously. but it's huge and it's where all the college kids walk on to get to their classes. so we tracted in there- it was crazy!!!!! I wasn't too useful cuz I blended in and I got asked out 5x haha The other sisters that are there are asian- and from china- so they don't blend in as well. Elder Keung (who is from New Zealand) took me under his wing and made me stay by him haha. Later, A tour group asked if they could take a picture with Elder Keung and I! it was SO funny!

Saturday- CONFERENCE!!!!!! wooohooooo!!!! It was awesome cuz we finally got to watch TV! granted it was at the stke center, in the chapel... but hey, it's still TV.
I totally left my notes at home- so I'll summarize all of conference together in this paragraph. I LOVED Uchtdorfs talk!! STOP IT!!! it was awesome! I also really enjoyed Eyrings talk (it reminded me of my friend Jenna, I bawled throughout it!) I loved the guy that talked about his grandson Paxton. I also loved Elder Hollands- ahhh ok I loved them all! I'll give more details when I have my notes on me next time!
Sunday- Conference again- I'll write notes on that next time. but after conference Banks and I decided to go see a few people, we were walking in an apartment complex- and I saw a snail! so naturally.. i picked it up- but then it was too slimey to hold, so i put it on a stick. well I was joking around with banks- and i stuck my tongue out as she was about to take a picture- well aparently my tongue is longer than i thought, cuz i LICKED it!!! ahhhhh so so so gross!
what is it with me and animals?! 

anywho- as far as our investigators.... John, Lisa, Teta & D all dumped us! I was so sad. But I know that all in all, the seed was planted- and they will hopefully see the light soon!

Remember the Parrett family? the step dad (michael) isn't a member... well- we got him to go to the priesthood session- and he LOVED it!!! he is still skepticall of joining the church cuz he doesn't want to become inactive (like his wife and step kids have) so he wants to make sure he is fully committed. BUT he has to quit softball league first cuz they have games on sunday!
anywho- he is making wonderful progress, and their family still loves us.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful week!
love you all!!!
xoxoxo
-ames

No comments:

Post a Comment