Monday, May 7, 2012

April!

Well hello-
This week was lovely! So Michael is getting baptized on April 28. Two former elders are flying up to baptize him- it will be so neat! Watching that family grow and become closer together has been so awesome. It's amazzing to me how much the gospel can truly build a family up, and bring them closer together!
on Friday, Banks and I had a feeling to stop by this one ladies house. We met her tracting a few weeks ago, but every time we had been back to visit- she wasn't home. Finally we stopped by, she was home with her daughter (sophia 13) and her son Miguel (15mos) They are so cute! the moms name is Sophia as well. but so we taught them the restoration on the doorstep- the spirit was SO strong, and we put them on date for May 12! SO excited! truly truly a miracle.

On wednesday I went to the doc- guess who is almost all better?!?!! woot woot! I am finishing off my last antibiotic, and I should be good!! ahhhh such a relief :)

hmm what else happened...
oh! we have been teaching these guys named Fred, John, and Peter... they are from Kenya! They are super cool, but they are having a hard time commiting to church. Peter was on date for baptism, but then we learned that he is livin with his girlfriend... so either they have to get married or he has to move out! but we are going over tonight because they are making dinner for us! yum!

Do you remember Tiffany? she is that adorable lady who was baptized on Feb 23- she is going through a divorce right now.. her husband isn't very nice. anywho- we have been helping her pack cuz she is moving back to vegas. Her husband is in the military and has been overseas for the last 8mos or so. He's mean- but he is coming over today to get all of his stuff, so we are going over there to make sure she is safe.
Tiff is SO awesome- her faith is so strong, and her love for the gospel is amazing! she LOVES to serve in the church- it's amazing.

hmmm what else?
Transfers are on May 1- I have a HUGE feeling that I am getting transferred because Banks is a "trainer" and there are more English sisters coming in that transfer- So I have a feeling I will be transferred out of Federal Way! bummer- but I'll go where I'm supposed to go.

Overall- the mission (and week) was incredible. People in the ward are so nice and so giving- many of them buy us groceries, or cook meals for us that we can freeze- they buy us treats all the time! it's great... except I don't want to gain weight hahaha
 
anywhos

love you!!
xoxo
-ames

No comments:

Post a Comment